- Members of the Oak Ridges Trail Association can enjoy regular hikes along sections of the Moraine. At the present time over 275 kilometers of trail has been constructed with more trail being added each year. Members receive quarterly newsletters with information on trail progress, over 300 guided hikes and other items of interest to ORTA members. Members have input into trail development, vote on ORTA business and are invited to participate in trail building. Many events are planned at the Chapter level, providing a social network with like-minded individuals.
- Membership fees provide important funds for trail development, maintenance, correspondence and promotion.
- Membership fees are relatively inexpensive and are considered donations. Tax receipts will be issued each calendar year. The Oak Ridges Trail Association offers two types of membership: Annual and Life. Annual Membership fees are $40 for an Individual or Family and $20 for Students. Life Memberships are $450.
- Become a Life Member. Now that ORTA membership fees are tax deductible, a Life Membership becomes much more attractive. You or your spouse can deduct the $450 fee as a charitable donation on your tax return and you can remain a member of ORTA for free as long as you live!
- Your membership in ORTA demonstrates interest in the trail to provincial and local governments, influencing potential legislation and ensuring preservation and public enjoyment of the moraine.
ORTA promotes and practices conservation, restoration and an appreciation of the natural environment surrounding the Trail system. In other words, we help people understand why the Moraine should be protected.
Volunteer for Special Project
Yes, ORTA depends on volunteers just like you to maintain over 300 km of trail and offer approximately 300 guided hikes a year. Not to mention all the other club activities and services such as our guidebook, quarterly newsletter, website, community events and fundraising!
Join like-minded individuals to have fun, socialize — and, of course, to do good works. Many areas of expertise can be used. Training and support are provided. Hike Leader training and certification programs are offered on a regular basis to interested candidates. Join us to help out with a one-time event or for a longer-term role.