Clarington Celebrates Sport Day in Canada Nov. 29, 2014
RBC Sports Day in Canada, presented by ParticipACTION, CBC and True Sport, will be held this year on Saturday, November 29 in communities from coast to coast to coast. This national celebration of sport, from grassroots to high-performance, is an opportunity for all Canadians to celebrate the power of sport, build community and national spirit and facilitate healthy, active living. For more information please visit www.cbcsports.ca/sportsday.
This year, the Community Services Department, along with various community partners, is celebrating Sports Day in Canada with a fun community event. The event this year is at the Newcastle & District Recreation Complex on Saturday, November 29 from 1:30-4:30pm.
We have a variety of FREE activities for all ages:
· 3 on 3 basketball tournament with Clarington Basketball Academy
· Pickleball with the Clarington Older Adult Association
· Let’s Dance! with Newcastle Family Connection
· Sports Themed Arts & Crafts with A Gift of Art
· Sports Skills & Drills with Community Services Fitness Staff
· Face Painting with Community Services Recreation Staff
· FREE Public Swim from 2-4pm with donation of non-perishable food item
Please share the word! I have attached the poster for your information. If you are able to post to your organization’s website, that would be greatly appreciated!
**Please note pre-registration is required for the 3 on 3 basketball tournament by emailing email@example.com.
Yours in Recreation,